Hair transplantation can be defined as ‘the permanent solution for hair loss. A hair transplant operation can be expressed as; a microsurgical procedure that is performed in a hospital surgical setting. The concept ‘microsurgical operation’ implies that; a hair transplant procedure will be carried out with minimal surgical intervention, unlike traditional surgery.
A hair transplant operation is an effective and permanent solution for individuals experiencing ‘male-pattern baldness’ which is also referred to as androgenetic alopecia. Apart from these, individuals who have scars or have lost hair due to various kinds of hair diseases can also safely undergo hair transplant surgery.
Hair Transplantation Techniques
- Classic FUE (via micromotors)
- Robotic FUE
- DHI technique (FUE performed with Choi implanters)
- Sapphire FUE (FUE performed with Sapphire blades)
Process of Hair Transplantation
Every technique used in hair transplantation share basic principles.These principles are:
- Harvesting hair follicles
- FUT: Harvesting by surgically excising a strip of hair-bearing skin
- FUE: Individually removing each follicular unit
- Creating incisions
- Transplanting hair follicles
Hair Transplant Basics
- Individuals aged between 20 and 60 years can undergo hair transplant surgery.
- The patient who will undergo a hair transplant surgery will only need 3 days for pre-operative preparation and for recovering.
- Although the duration of surgery varies according to the number of grafts that will be transplanted, it usually lasts about 6 to 8 hours.
- In order to respond to possible complications, the operation must be conducted in a fully-equipped hospital.
- A hair transplant procedure is performed with a doctor and at least 3 medical technicians.
- It may take around 6 to 18 months to see the final outcome of hair growth. Starting from the day following the operation, the patient can expect to see hair growth until the 18’th month.